Monday, December 27, 2010

Where I want to live

Somewhere where there are fireflies, there are mountains, and there is ocean.  I want my bathroom to have an open shower and a huge separate bathtub.  I want piles and piles of books and a pool.  And a breakfast room.  Somewhere where there are distinctive summers and winters - where it snows enough to play in.  Quiet, far away from neighbors (so that I can also be loud).  Maybe there will fruit trees in the kitchen.  Large windows.  A fireplace or wood stove.  A spiral staircase.  Large bed.  Lots of pillows.  A room with a nice desk and lots of bookshelves.  A record player.  Walking distance from a small town, driving distance from a big city.  A lawn that doesn't need mowing.  Tomatoes, eggplant, lettuce growing in the backyard.  Wild berries.  A very full wine rack.  Lots of art on the walls.  Walls painted bold colors.  A porch or deck or patio - probably a deck.  And fireflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment